For guidance and support on insurance cover/payments during COVID-19, click here to read our FAQs

Van and Truck insurance for market traders

Marketline arranges van and truck insurance exclusively for market traders and stall holders at events, exhibitions, and festivals. Cover is easy to arrange and provided by Markerstudy with no forms to fill.

Call us on 0207 618 2929 to get a quote or click here to arrange a call back Mon-Fri 9-5.30.

Whether you are a stallholder at an indoor or outdoor market, exhibition, festival, village fete, one-off event or a craft fair, our van and truck insurance policy can help cover your commercial vehicle.

Do market traders need van and truck insurance?

Van and truck insurance can cover your vehicle against risks such as fire, vandalism, theft, and road accidents. As with car insurance, it is a legal requirement to have insurance for any vehicle that is driven on UK roads.

When using a commercial vehicle for travel to your events, exhibitions, and festivals it is important to protect your vehicle – so if your vehicle is damaged or stolen, you can return to business as quickly as possible.

It is also important to be aware of the continuous insurance enforcement (CIE). CIE ensures that all vehicles are insured to a licensed driver, and if not, the individual at hand could receive a fine from the DVLA.

Call us on 0207 618 2929 to get a quote or click here to arrange a call back Mon-Fri 9-5.30.

What does van and truck insurance cover?

Third party, fire, and theft

  • Legal liability for death or injury to any other person, including passengers
  • Legal liability for damage to other people’s property – up to £5,000,000
  • Loss or damage caused by fire and theft up to the market value
  • In-car equipment – unlimited if fitted as standard, or up to £500 if not
  • Over-sea’s travel – within European Union for up to 30 days total


Along with the above...

  • Medical expenses – up to £200 per person
  • Personal belongings – up to £200 per person
  • Courtesy van for a period not exceeding 14 days or the duration of repair
  • Replacement locks – up to a value of £500 (if vehicle key or card entry system on the vehicle is stolen)
  • Emergency transport and accommodation – up to £100 per person in respect of alternative transport to reach your destination or emergency overnight accommodation

Benefits and offers

At Marketline, we can arrange cover for panel vans, box vans, mobile shops, and catering vehicles.

If you insure more than one vehicle with us, you could qualify for a discount for every additional vehicle. This insurance cover is applied specifically to cars and vans.

We run a 'Refer a Friend' scheme, which offers a £25 Amazon gift voucher to both the referrer and the friend once a qualifying purchase has been made.

We also offer a £25 cashback voucher which is applicable for new car or van policies if you have already insured with us through our public liability policy for the first year.

For terms and conditions on these offers, please visit


For more information on our van and truck insurance, and how this may affect your business, look at our Van and Truck insurance FAQs. Here you’ll find answers to the most frequently asked questions that market traders may have.

Call us on 0207 618 2929 to get a quote or click here to arrange a call back Mon-Fri 9-5.30.

Need help?

Call Lucky

Call me on 0207 618 2929
or click below for a call back:



Underwritten by:

RSA Insurance Group Van and Truck


Please note that we are closed on Sundays
Please note that we are closed on Saturdays
Apologies! We are having problems with our phone lines. If you can’t get through please email and we will call you back!