For guidance and support on insurance cover/payments during COVID-19, click here to read our FAQs

Household insurance for market traders

We have partnered with Grove and Dean Ltd t/as Performance Direct as they have invested heavily in the technology and skills needed to compete on quality of service and price.

To get a quote click here to be taken to Performance Direct's website, or alternatively give them a call on 01708 609 331.

What is household insurance?

Whether you own or rent your home, it is important to have cover in place to protect the property and contents in case of loss.

Household insurance can help to alleviate the financial strain of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen goods within your home. Some common causes of household insurance claims include:

  • Natural events such as fire, flooding, storms
  • Escape of water
  • Theft
  • Accidental damage (often additional)
  • Freezer food (often additional)

Is household insurance a legal requirement?

Having home insurance is not a legal requirement. However, it’s always a good idea to protect your property and contents against accidental damage and theft.

Also, many mortgage providers require you to arrange buildings insurance as a condition of the mortgage – so although it’s not legally required it is often necessary for homeowners to have some form of home insurance.

To get a quote click here to be taken to Performance Direct's website, or alternatively give them a call on 01708 609 331.

Need help?

Existing Marketline Customers

Call us on 0207 618 2929

Or email us at

For New Quotations

Contact Performance Direct

Call them on 01708 609 331

Please note that we are closed on Sundays
Please note that we are closed on Saturdays
Apologies! We are having problems with our phone lines. If you can’t get through please email and we will call you back!